Sunday, July 03, 2005

B U L L S H * T ! ! !

OC on the telly

Woke up at 10am this morning..

Spent whole day yesterday in front of telly watching Live8..

Over 700 celebrities got together in an effort to end poverty..

Awesome..

Mandela came out of retirement to tell the world's rich nations to relieve the poverty of the poorest..

Fantastic..

Pink Floyd reunited after over twenty years (proving that pigs can indeed, fly)..

Excellent..

Bill Gates made an appearance as well..

Kill! Kill! Die! Die!

Err..

Read a few regular blogs..

War of the Worlds..

Chatted with a few friends on Yahoo Messenger..

War of the Worlds..

Looked at movie listing at the local cinema..

War of the Worlds..

Alrighty then..

Took a shower..

Put on my combat trousers..

Wore my v-neck t-shirt..

Sprayed on my Hugo Boss..

Put on my Nike cap..

Got my keys..

Walked out the door..

Got into my car..

"Low Fuel" indicator blinking furiously..

Crap..

Stopped at a set of traffic lights..

The queue was longer than usual..

Looked like a parade taking place..

The flag was red and white, had a star and crescent on it..

Did they recently win something?

Stopped at the nearby petrol station..

Yet more queue..

Filled up only a quarter tank..

Arrived at the cinema..

Parked car at the basement..

Bought my ticket..

No one with me, no popcorn and drink necessary..

Saw the trailer for Peter Jackson's King Kong..

HOLEY COW!!!

War of the Worlds..

Exciting..

"Dad, tell me everything you know!"

"It came out from under the ground.. started torturing people.."

"Is it the terrorists???"

"It came from somewhere else.."

"Like Europe???"

"NO ROBBIE, NOT LIKE EUROPE!!!!"

Funny..

Basement scene..

Thrilling..

End of movie..

Err.. was that it?

Although true to H.G. Wells..

It felt a bit abrupt..

Got out of the cinema..

It was drizzling..

Millions of tiny droplets of cold water..

Falling on my warm soft skin..

I looked up in the air and closed my eyes..

I felt tingly all over..

Walked into the nearby Morrisons..

Picked up some groceries..

Walked up to the cashier..

"Hi", she smiled..

"Pakistani ancestry", I thought..

Exotic, quaint, yet very pretty..

"Hello", I replied..

Walked back to the car..

Had a few bags in each hand..

Left arm ached a little..

It was still drizzling..

Tuned into Capital FM..

Somebody requested for an old love song..

The late Luther Vandross with Mariah Carey..

"Endless Love" soon started playing..

Maybe I was a little let down by the movie..

Maybe I wasn’t in the mood..

Maybe I hadn’t eaten yet..

Maybe I was grumpy..

At the top of my smoke-free lungs..




I yelled the magic word...




|