Countdown: In Living Memory

COUNTDOWN host Richard Whiteley died last night following surgery for a heart condition.
Richard, 61, fronted the Channel 4 word quiz for 23 years.
His co-presenter Carol Vorderman was said to be "in a complete state of shock".
The TV housewives' favourite passed away with his girlfriend Kathryn Apanowicz by his side.
Richard lost his brave battle against severe heart illness after an emergency operation.
I used to watch Countdown after coming back from class when I was still an undergraduate student (or was it when I was doing my A-Levels?). Back then Carol Vorderman was her quaint and motherly self, unlike the sexy vamp she is today (hehe).Anyway, I can't remember the last time I watched the show. I think it's due to the fact that it comes on during working hours on weekdays, possibly aimed towards housewives.
Even so, I can't help but feel that a small part of me has been lost.
He will be so dearly missed.

"I'll have a consonant, a vowel, another vowel, a consonant, another consonant. Another consonant, a vowel, a consonant and a final consonant please Carol."
_______________________________________
More news here and here.



