Monday, April 18, 2005

It's Good To Talk



(phone ringing)





(A lady with a mellow and croaky voice answers)

Lady: Hello.

Me: Hey it’s me. You ok?

Lady: Hmmm....

Me: You sound really down. Is everything ok?

Lady: No, not really.

Me: What’s wrong? You can tell me.

Lady: Well, why do YOU feel down?

Me: Oh, that.. well... yeah.


(talk went on further about how crappy things are)


Lady: *making shuffling sounds*

Me: Eh? Hello? Hello?

Lady: *more shuffling sounds*

Me: Hello? You still there? Hello?

Lady: Can you hear me?

Me: Ya, are you trying out your new Bluetooth headset?

Lady: No, it’s this new phone. I don’t like it.

Me: Aha, you like your Samsung better?

Lady: Yeah a LOT better.

Me: How so?

Lady: Well this one is bulky and heavier. And to access the power button you have to swing it open which is a NO-NO!


(talk went on to further criticise the phone)


Lady: I’m thinking of going back soon. Haven’t been back for a while.

Me: Ya, sounds like a good idea. Have you booked a ticket yet?

Lady: No. Haven’t seen any good offers.

Me: Ya, I’m looking for some good offers as well. I’ll let you know if I come across any.

Lady: Ok, thanks.


(talk went on further about holidays)


Me: *turning to the computer*

Lady: What are you doing?

Me: I’m putting on your favourite song.

Lady: Eh? What’s that then?

Me: Hang on a sec...


(Cindai starts playing on the computer)


Lady: Ah... she’s got a really nice voice.

Me: Really? I think it’s pretty normal. I think your voice is much better.

Lady: Haha only you would say that!

Me: No, really, I do think yours is a LOT better.

Lady: *giggling* Stop it.


(turns the volume up)


Me: *humming to the song* (not knowing the lyrics)

Lady: *starts singing along faintly*

Me: *humming some more*

Lady: *becoming more confident and sings along louder*

Me: *starts making fool of self by raising pitch of voice and singing*

Lady: Hihihihihihihihihihhhh!!!


(continues on until the song ends)


Lady: Hihihihihihihihihihihhihihihhihi!!!

Me: You really like that don’t you?

Lady: Hihihihiihihihihihihhihihi!!

Me: Hehehehehehehehe!!!

Lady: *gasps for air*

Me: You ok?

Lady: Ya. I just seem to enjoy laughing at people’s misfortune.

Me: Well it’s okay in this occasion.

Lady: What’s that sound?

Me: Oh, I’m in the kitchen now. Preparing dinner.

Lady: Okay, I’ll leave you to it then.

Me: You working tonight? Have you had any sleep?

Lady: Ya. I slept quite late last night.

Me: Okay then. Hope it’s not too bad.

Lady: Thanks.

Me: Take care.

Lady: You too.


*click*



Me: *sends an SMS* Hope you feel a bit better now. :)

Lady: *replies to SMS* Hehehehe. I hope you do too.








Every cloud has a silver lining...


... is there such a thing?



|