Dear Britney....
You don’t know me but I am one of your
I decided to write to you when I saw the news on telly this morning on your recent pregnancy announcement.

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you on the success of all your released albums. They did rather well despite all the media rumours and gossips. I would also like to congratulate you on your acting debut in “Crossroads”. I think you performed really well for your first major movie role. And lastly, congratulations on getting pregnant.
When your first single, “Baby One More Time”, was first released back in 1999, I had just started my first job in the UK as Technical Support. I’m a foreigner you see so it was really difficult to enter employment over here. Boy, that was a really tough year. Anyway, back then, I couldn’t see what all the commotion was about, especially how people got all excited to see a girl in a school uniform gallivanting away in the hallway. Perhaps the music video was targeted towards paedophiles; who knows. I didn’t take a fancy to your debut single.
It was not until you released your second single, “Sometimes”, that I was mesmerised. The song really meant something to me then and you really looked cute in the musicvideo! From then on I made an effort to keep track of all your songs. They kept me company during those long cold winter nights the time I spent alone in my flat in the Hertfordshire countryside. The farm animals there were very fond of your songs and would collate at my bedroom window each time I put on your CD.
I had my own personal blog at the time (we call them “online journals” back then and I had to write everything from scratch using plain HTML; there were no such things as templates!) and decided to pay tribute by developing a whole page dedicated just to you. I even defended you the time you were accused of having a boob-job. The media really had a whale of a time with that. Have they not heard of this magical thing called a “push-up bra”? They probably thought it would cause a stirry response from the public if they mock you and hurt you. But I knew you were above all that.

MP3s were getting really popular at the time and although I have all your songs in this form, I actually parted with my hard-earned cash and bought all your CDs; both albums and singles. Does that not mean anything to you?
I was extremely heartbroken when I discovered you were dating that guy from N’Sync. How could you? I later found out that you guys have been together since your “Mickey Mouse Club” days and thought that it was actually sweet. And I know that under the circumstances, it would be impossible for you and me to ever be together. I learnt to forgive you.
With the release of your single called “I’m A Slave 4 U” back in 2001, I became slightly dubious. Not that I don’t fancy looking at your body in hot steamy sweat and you acting like you were suffering from chronic constipation surrounded by your similarly-affected dancers, but I felt that it all seemed a tad bit unnecessary.
What were you trying to proof? That you’ve grown up from that sweet and innocent looking girl and turned into this nymphomaniac lusty sex kitten? Britney, Britney, Britney... did you not know that over 70 percent of your fans were under-aged girls? What were you thinking? Did you NOT know the meaning of being a role model?

You were lucky you had some good songs then like “Overprotected” and “I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman” on the same album. I was about to let bygones be bygones, but with the release of the videos from your latest album, “In The Zone”, I was massively appalled.
I got the shock of my life when you appeared almost nude in “Toxic” and what were you thinking in “Me Against The Music”? You French-kissed Madonna? EUGHH!!!! Fortunately, I have taken quite a fancy to the song called "Everytime". I thought it was a beautiful song, full of great lyrics, good vocals and a lovely backing track. The video could have been better, but I thought it captured the mood perfectly.
My dearest Britney, I don’t know what was going on your mind at the time. Why is it so important for you to project a sexy image to the public? What happened to the old sweet and innocent little Britney?
I look at you now and see a completely different person.
I realised that this started to happen after you and Justin broke up. He’s happy with Cameron Diaz now (is he still?). Let him go. As wonderful as the person that he is, you have had your moments together and it is time to move on. If this is your way of getting back at him, please stop it. I know it hurts like crazy, but gosh Britney, Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst? Rowdy Irish actor Collin Farrell? To make it worse, you married an old childhood friend in early 2004, only to have it annulled a few hours later.
Five months later, you then married Kevin, a man who walked out on his girlfriend when she was still pregnant with his second child. How long have you known this person? Did it ever occur to you that he could possibly be just after your fortune?

Honestly, what were you thinking?
Ok, I can understand that you were probably going through what other women your age would be going through as well. You were thinking of marriage, settling down and have your own kids. Being in constant view of the media probably didn’t help much and what seemed a little pressure initially may have been amplified to the point that logic and reason have no place in that fickle mind of yours.
My dear beloved Britney.
What happened to you?
You deserve much much better than this.

Britney, I have nothing against you. I just hope that one day, you will learn to not let what other people think get to you, to accept yourself for who you are and understand the true value of being with someone who really adores you, who genuinely cares for you and who really loves you.
Until then...
...good luck.
Love always,
iJun
p/s: Could you please send me a life-sized autographed photo of yourself?



