Shutdown, Sleep or Restart?

Is that you, Mulder? At this time of night? Oh, you're just a re-run.
It's 3:00am and I've been blinking, winking, tossing and rolling in bed. I gave in and decided to find more use of my brain... by getting up and watching telly (N.B. it's a known fact that you actually watch telly to shut your brain down, not the other way round). Ah well, it's almost time for sahur anyway.
There are times when I wish that I was a computer; when things appear to have gone awry, you just turn yourself off and let things cool down for a bit. Way too easy. The bad news is, once you shut yourself down, the paramedics are going to have one hell of a time bringing you back up. Not to mention the grief you will be giving to your beloved friends and family. Bummer.
Sleeping is another good way to forget about your problems, and it can be really easy when you have nothing to look forward to. But alas, how long can you stay in bed before you get a headache from too much sleep? You do know that you have get up and pee don't you? Even Einstein slept a maximum of twelve hours per day. I have news for you; you're not Einstein.
Last but not least, I wish I could just restart myself; with the flick of a switch, be back up and running at full speed in a matter of seconds (or minutes if you're on Windoze XP). I really want this to happen. I'm praying for this to happen. So far, things are pretty grim but I have to be optimistic. I want things to get better. It can happen.
I know it can.



