Monday, September 26, 2005

An Ode to Blackie




Nano Nano what happened to thee
Only days ago you made me so happy
You were my first iPod, don’t you see
I even had a name for you, it was “Blackie”


Out of the box, you were so shiny
So small, so thin, so incredibly tiny
It’s a wonder you’re 4 Gigabytes in total capacity
You made me feel so very very lucky


Supports all audio formats to a certain degree
Apple Loseless, AIFF, WAV and AAC
Not forgetting good old MP3
Ample choice in sound quality


I didn’t throw you out into the sea
Nor did I drop you in my cup of tea
Your screen just went blank, so suddenly
That made me feel so melancholy


It’s been three days now Blackie, how I miss thee
So delicate and fragile, I didn’t foresee
Good thing you’re still under warranty
I look forward to the day when I can again shout, "Yippee!”









_______________________________________________
Read more obituaries sad stories of the iPod Nano here.
|