Signs of times

I find myself having to shave more frequently this year. I used to shave three times a week or at least every other day to have a clean-cut face. Recent increase to my stress levels at work of late and changes to my activities during evenings/weekends may have had an effect on my facial appearance; I’m growing more facial hair. I find myself having to shave every morning (and sometimes in the evening as well if I have a function to go to).
I must admit, a few years ago I envied all my friends who were younger than or as old as me. They had facial hair. Mum told me that I was like my uncle; he could not grow a moustache, only a beard. Dad has a very thick moustache and it made him look ultra-cool.
I am
There are a few downsides as well. People think I’m still staying with my parents. I don’t get treated with respect at stores and restaurants. Worst of all, girls think I’m too young for them.
I used to shave in the weekends. I believe in looking good wherever and whenever I go. At home, it’s a different story altogether. You can do whatever you want at home. Outside, I make an effort to look decent. I believe in projecting a positive vibe. When you look good, you feel good. Know what I’m sayin’?
Lately, I haven’t been bothering with that at all. I have been preoccupied lately and my face would be a strong sign of that neglect. In all honesty, I kind of prefer how I look now.
I’m beginning to show my age....
....and I’m actually kind of glad.



