Sunday, March 26, 2006

Monkey See, Monkey Do, Monkey Lose An Hour

118092768 Bd4E46C4Cb MI noticed that Kudo has tried it too and I'm sure many people have.  So, why not jump on the bandwagon and have a go as well?  I've been wanting to try out this "eggy in a basket" recipe ever since I saw Natalie Portman violently munching through hers in the recent film release of V for Vendetta.  I can tell you now, that in my 14 years of living in the UK, never have I seen or heard of an English recipe for "eggy in a basket"; it is definitely not British.  However, it did look absolutely delicious at the time, most probably due to the fact that I haven't had my meal yet and this ridiculously cold weather.  Ridiculous, because despite the imminent start of British Summer Time (BST) today, summer-like weather seems like a forgotten fairy-tale.

118093936 11F6848634 MWhich reminds me, I have to push all my clocks and watches an hour forward today. My microwave oven, my gas cooker, my wall-mounted clocks in my kitchen and hallway, my VCR, my bedside alarm clock, my wristwatch, the time on my mobile phone, etc. all have to be adjusted.  Gila malas.

Why can't they be more like my laptop? It auto-sychonises itself with a central time server on the Internet every fifteen minutes. Is that too much to ask?

Where was I? Oh yes, the eggy in a basket.  It's yummy, it's easy to make and it's quick.

Monkey like.

Technorati Tags: , ,

|