Monday, March 13, 2006

When Somebody Rubs You The Wrong Way

Wow, what a way to start on a Monday morning.  Let me get straight down to details.  Somebody really got on my nerves today, somebody online.  Yes, its amazing how someone can be extremely annoying via the wonders of the internet.  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the regular chat online, but good God, she was so irritating!

Like most bloggers (or blog readers even), I enjoy chatting online, text-based chat that is.  Chatting evolved from plain email to real-time responses; i.e. instant messaging, and that's what made it extremely popular.  You're basically chatting in real-time to people all over the world on the internet.  I have been chatting since I994 (IRC used to be hip back then) and I must admit, I do enjoy it.  Have I mentioned that I enjoy chatting online?

My two favourite instant messaging programs are Yahoo Messenger (YM) and MSN Messenger (MM), although I'm mainly on the former most of the time (file transfers in YM sucks).

Anyway, back to Miss Irritating.  She first invited me to chat a few weeks back, which I'm sorry to say now that it was a huge mistake!  I'm not in the habit of moving people into my ignore list, but I think I have been patient enough with her.  She complains when I don't respond to her quickly enough, and then she takes her time to actually respond to mine. What's that all about? Oh, and she's extremely generous with that buzzer button.

I'm sure that everybody would find it a lot better when you could put a face to a name, wouldn't you?  I politely asked a picture from her and she didn't mind, or so I thought.  But after breaking her promise three times, I begin to wonder if I will ever get to see her picture, and to be honest, now I don't think I ever want to.

Most of the time, we don't have proper conversations and I'm beginning to think she doesn't want me to know anything about her and that she's using me just to pass the time until she has to leave the office.  Yes I'm aware of the 8-hour time difference between UK and KL.  When we get into work first thing in the morning, most are ready to go home back in KL.  I have tried reasoning with her and from the looks of it, she just didn't care.

Perhaps, I'm just being silly about all this.  Perhaps I just take things a bit too seriously.  Perhaps I'm just plain moody.  But perhaps, it's just that I have been lied to so many times in the past, that it upsets me when I feel that the person is not being truthful towards me.

I'm sorry to say this, Miss Irritating, but you have rubbed me the wrong way.

You've completely spoiled my mood today..

..but I know you couldn't even care less.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

|