Fast Car 2005

You got a fast car
I want a ticket to anywhere
Maybe we can make a deal
Maybe together we can get somewhere
Anyplace is better
Starting from zero got nothing to lose
Maybe we'll make something
Me myself I got nothing to prove
You got a fast car
I got a plan to get us out of here
I been working at the convenience store
Managed to save just a little bit of money
Won't have to drive too far
Just across the border and into the city
You and I could both get jobs
Finally see what it means to be living
You got a fast car
Is it fast enough so we can fly away
We gotta make a decision
Leave tonight or live and die this way
So remember when we're driving, driving in your car
The speed is so fast felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulders
And I had a feeling that I belonged
And I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone
My old man's got a problem
Lives with a bottle that's the way it is
He says his body's too old for working
His body's too young to look like his
And my mama went off and left him
She wanted more from life than he could give
I said somebody's got to take care of him
So I quit school that's what I did
So remember when we're driving, driving in your car
The speed is so fast felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulders
And I had a feeling that I belonged
And I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone
I could be someone
You got a fast car
Is it fast enough so we can fly away
We gotta make a decision
Leave tonight or live and die this way



