Wednesday Blues
Last night, I was busy chatting with a friend online when suddenly I experienced one of the most biggest yawn of my life that would even embarrass a full grown adult hippopotamus. I gathered it must have been about 7:30pm and thought I’d take a quick nap on the sofa.
"Nothing good on telly tonight", I said to myself.
"Might as well catch catch some zees...."
Still in my work clothes, I proceeded to rest my eyes……
*blink*
*blink*
I slowly opened one eye and took a quick glance at my wristwatch. Funny how your motor functions tend to work first before your brain fully wakens up. Still one eye on my wristwatch... just waiting for my brain to catch up... c'mon brain.... c'monnnn...... ok. It was 4:02am.
What the??? Ok… now cause for panic. Just climb upstairs and crawl onto your proper bed you sleepyhead.
*MOAN*
Waddled up the stairs, swung open my bedroom door and cursed it for hitting my toe (sorry about that door).
Got into my bed this time…. Still in my work clothes…….
*blink*
*blink*
My mobile went off. I thought I saw a Malaysian number on the display.
“Uhhh… hello?”, I’m now amazed at how verbal functions work before the brain fully awakens.
It was an old friend from back home.
“Uhhh.. hi.”
“I’m just testing out my new conference call feature.”
“Uhhh… ok.”
“What are doing?”
“Uhhh… sleeping”
“Oh I’m so sorry. I forgot about the time difference.”
“Sokay.. talk to you later?”
“Ya ya.. of course.”
*Click*
The time on my mobile was showing 7:03am.
Whoah! How long did I sleep last night?
Nevermind. It was time to get up and get ready to work……
....what day is it? Oh yeah...
....it's Wednesday.



