Very Disconcerting News on Boxing Day
Asia Quake Disaster
I was in the midst of building a bench with my ex-flatmate at around 12:00pm when I received an SMS from my sis back in KL:
"8.9 earthquake n tsunami in asia hit indon, thai, msia, india, s.lanka,maldives. thousnds died, 21 in penang, 7 in kedah. Phuket ruind, maldives submergd."
"Eh?", I thought. I realised then that it was bad news. My ex-flatmate and I abandoned the bench for a minute while we frantically looked for the satelite remote to check the news on Sky.
The pictures they aired on telly to show the devastatic impact of the tsunami. It was horrific to say the least.
I replied back to my sis, "Shite! KL boleh rasa?"
"Apparently ada but not in our area kot. Those yg duk condo rasa."
A sense of relief came over me to know that my family was safe and sound.
But what about those whose family were up in the north? I have a few friends who have family there. What about them? I can only hope that they are alright and being cared and looked after. There has been enough sadness in this world. Too many has already been lost.
And to think, it was only one day after Christmas.
---------------------------------------------------------
Updated: 5:53PM GMT
Two fishing boats washed ashore at the Jalan Tanjung Tokong by a tidal waves which hit coastal areas of Penang.--STARpic
53 people were killed and 34 reported missing in Malaysia.
More latest news from The Star Online.



